Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cooking It Up GF Style

My oldest son, Peyton, came home from school the other day with a cookbook he'd gotten out of the library.  






He was so excited to make something, at first.  "I probably can't make anything in here because it all has gluten," he realized flipping through the pages.






But never fear!  Gluten-free flour is here!  I am so grateful that it is so easy to make "normal" dishes gluten free.  From cookbook dishes to my grandmother's brownie recipe, most recipes can be transformed into gluten free goodness.


With a quick flour switcheroo, a once gluten-filled tasty treat is now a gluten-free tasty treat that the whole family can enjoy.


This is our favorite GF flour brand.  Love it.



And my whole family did enjoy the treat--cupcakes.






And I enjoyed watching the kids figure out the recipe and work together.





And a few other things...


Politically, I don't have anything in common with Elizabeth Hasselbeck.  We in fact couldn't be more different.  But I admit, I liked her book, The GFree Diet.  I didn't buy it, just checked it out from the library.  I just might put all my political stuff aside and buy her new cookbook Deliciously G-Free that was featured on The View last week.  I mean if Joy can hang out with her, I can buy her cookbook.  Plus the food looks pretty good and I like her idea of keeping old family recipes alive and well.




Click here for more information about her books. 

Also check out this:
I am loving Kin Community channel on YouTube.  They have great videos on fashion and cooking.  This one caught my eye because it is Gluten Free.  And because it looks so good.

No comments: